Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up

Catie Ogilvie ‘17

The alarm goes off.
It’s 6:10.
I roll back and forth.
Slowly and calmly,
I rise to make the loud noise stop.
Wiping my eyes,
I notice the extra make up from the day before.
The halls are dark.
No lights,
natural or artificial.
I close the bathroom door behind me.
The creaking echoes throughout the house.
Gently,
I turn the shower knob.
The warm water hits the shower floor.
One toe at a time,
I step into the small bathtub.
The water comes down like small sprinkles fall onto ice cream.
It washes away the tiredness of the morning.
Finishing the shower,
I brush my hair.
Every strand is a different shade of brown.
It dries quickly,
almost as quick as it took to brush my hair.
Finally,
I put my make up on.
Girls put it on like they would put paint on a canvas,
unique to each person and very carefully.
To finish the morning,
I eat a small breakfast.
It consists of fruit and a cup of juice.
A light breakfast to hold me over until lunch.
My morning goes by slowly,
and then all at once.
The day opens and closes like a book,
and we repeat the same story line until the last chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment